Democratic lawmakers in Congress have made a variety of proposals to strengthen or reform the United States health care system. These proposals range from building upon the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to fully transitioning the U.S. to a single-payer system. This fact sheet categorizes and compares the major provisions of these proposals, including possible implications for consumers, health care providers, and federal and state governments.
CHRT produces issue and survey briefs on a wide range of health and health care topics, including:
- Hospital and health system costs in the Midwest
- Prevalence of mental health disorders and access to mental health providers
- Changes in health care coverage and access to care under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- The effects of the ACA on employers in Michigan
- Michigan consumers’ satisfaction with health care coverage
- Prescription opioid use in Michigan
Scroll through our published briefs below, or search by key words or topics using the search bar to the left.