Tuesday November 17, 2015
Event: Consider the Conversation 2 Film and Panel
When: Tuesday, Nov. 17th
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Doors open at 5:00pm with an hors d’oeuvres reception
Where: Michigan Theater, 603 E Liberty St, Ann Arbor
This event is free and open to the public.
Registration not required, but encouraged (see below)
The Washtenaw Health Initiative (WHI) will bring together a panel of providers and patient advocates who have engaged in advance care planning* (ACP) discussions following a free screening of the 86-minute film, Consider the Conversation 2: Stories about Cure, Relief, and Comfort. Consider the Conversation 2 illustrates the importance of ACP in improving a patient’s comfort and quality of care at the end of life.
Emcees: Norman Herbert and Robert Guenzel, WHI Co-Chairs
Moderator: Oliver Kim, former deputy staff director, Senate Aging Committee
- Ryan Fox, transition manager, Evangelical Homes of Michigan
- Sally Jaworowski, community member and ACP advocate
- Adam Marks, medical director, Arbor Palliative Care and assistant professor, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan
- Phil Rodgers, associate professor, Departments of Family Medicine and Internal Medicine, University of Michigan
- Julie Seitz, ACP leader, St. Joseph Mercy Health System
Attendees will learn about:
- The current state of ACP in Washtenaw County.
- Common barriers to ACP and how key ACP participants—providers, patients and loved ones—can improve and increase ACP.
- Available ACP resources and how to begin ACP conversations with loved ones.
This event is co-sponsored by Arbor Hospice, United Way of Washtenaw County, and the Center for Healthcare Research & Transformation (CHRT).
*Advance care planning is the process of examining your values, engaging in a conversation with your doctor and loved ones, and stating and documenting your wishes for health care for the future.
Register for the event here!
Select Advance Directive Forms
St. Joseph Mercy Health System – Advance Directive http://www.stjoesannarbor.org/documents/annarbor/ChoosingAdvocate.pdf
University of Michigan Health System – Advance Directive Booklet